This was a very special week in our Year of Faith at school, we had a team from the Youth Village who came into school to work with our children on developing spirituality. Fr Dermott was instrumental in organising this exciting event and the children were full of anticipation.
St Mary’s Blackhill – School Mission
Mission theme “You are the light… Let your light shine”
We were created special people! We were created with light within us to dispel darkness by being the hope in our lives and in the lives of others! Jesus came and reminded us by his friendship of this light within us that gives life and love to us and the world! Be the light to the world!
Year 6 Session
- “It was great fun we really enjoyed it, I loved the games we played and the stories and film we watched showed us how to help others in need” Macauley
- “We watched a moving film it was about encouraging us to help others” Ethan
Year 5 Session
- “We played games – all the Youth Leaders were really funny and nice – we learned how we are all full of light and we have to let our light shine” Lily
- “We said prayers and realised that God is always with us, I really enjoyed our session”Jamie“
Year 4 Session
- “It was really fun – I liked the hoop game the best – the Youth team were really funny” Tia
- “I really liked the session – it was great we learnt all about God and how much he loves us” Joseph
Year 3 Session
- “The People were telling us all about God and showed us a puppet show about the Creation” – Sienna
- “I learnt about God it was fun” Owen
Year 2 Session
- “I learnt that God thinks we are all special” Kimberley
- “We saw a puppet show all about God and how he created the world – it was great” Ella
Year 1 Session
- “I liked the story of Creation there was a spider, giraffe, monkey and other animals; we learnt that God had created them” Scarlett
- “We talked to the men and women about our favourite things they were nice, kind, funny people I really liked it” Paddy
- “The people were nice and friendly some of them came from other countries on an aeroplane” Luke
- “They taught us to sing and one of the ladies came from the Philippines she taught us how to say hello- “Mabuhay” – Niamh
The children gathered in class workshops to prepare for the Final Celebration Mass in church. We were lucky enough to have our governors with us to help and they were great fun joining in the singing and dancing with the children.
As the children approached the end of the week with the Youth Team they could be heard saying to each other
- “I don’t want this week to end “
- “It’s been the best week ever”
- “what year do you have to be in to go to the Youth Village – I can’t wait”
A huge thank you to Fr Dermott and the Youth Team for a fantastic week in school!
If you would like more information on the Youth team and the Youth Village at Allensford take a look at their website Youth Village at Allensford