Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. The children take an active role with setting their outcomes and discussing them with the class teacher/SENCO. The children have regular meetings with staff to discuss their progress and support.
There are a range of ways in which we encourage pupil voice: (PUPIL VOICE)
- Children’s involvement in the SEN process
- School Council
- Other pupil groups e.g. rights respecting group, eco-council
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We recognise that all just as all children are unique, so are their SEND characteristics. For any child to settle and thrive in school, they need to feel safe and comfortable in their environment. We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support required. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers evenings
- Ongoing discussions with a class teacher and/or SENCO
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into school to discuss any concerns they may have
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan