We are committed to providing a fully accessible environment which values and includes all pupils, staff, parents and visitors regardless of their education, physical, sensory, social, spiritual and emotional needs. We are committed to challenging negative attitudes about disability and accessibility and to developing a culture of awareness, tolerance and inclusion.
What we do to prevent pupils with disabilities from being treated less favourably:
- Have physical access arrangements favourable to all
- Ensure the curriculum (including extra- curricular activities and school visits) are available and suitable for all
- Ensure written information is clear and available for all pupils, staff, parents and visitors with special educational need and/or disabilities.
The facilities to assist access are outlined in our Accessibility Plan which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
Our Accessibility Plan and the short, medium and long term actions, will be reviewed and adjusted on an annual basis and a new Accessibility Plan will be produced every three years.
The Accessibility Plan contains relevant actions to:
- Improve access to the physical environment of the school, adding specialist facilities as necessary.
- Increase access to the curriculum for pupils with a disability. This covers reasonable adjustments within teaching and learning, specialist aids and equipment and the wider curriculum of the school, such as after school clubs, visits etc,
- Improve the provision of information to pupils, staff, parents and visitors with disabilities. All information will be made available in various formats within a reasonable time frame.